Should I upgrade from TG-4 to TG-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralcruiser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I started shooting with the TG-4 two years ago and was hoping that they would come out with a TG-6 that allows manual control to upgrade to but so far, not even the tiniest of rumors.
Now I am wondering if I should just bite the bullet and get the TG-5.

Would love feedback from those that have already upgraded. Pros and cons appreciated

My other camera is a G15 with nauticam housing and several wet lenses....which I am now thinking about selling so feel free to message me if interested.

What do you really see in the TG-5 which you don't have in the TG-4? Would this be worth the cost of a new housing as well as a camera?

Here is a review on Imaging-resource.com of the TG-5 camera. You can also look up their TG-4 review in their discontinued cameras section.

Olympus TG-5 Review

I really appreciate three things that the TG-5 offers over the TG-4:

• Shoots raw burst mode (TG-4 only does single-shot raw)
  • Focus bracketing (TG-4 does this only in microscope mode I believe)
  • “Pro Capture” mode which will capture a shot up to about a half second prior to pressing full shutter release.
Regarding TG-6, it’s anybody’s guess but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom