Should I just rent storage in Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Seems like most of my diving will be near Monterey or farther south.

Should I just rent a storage unit in Monterey area?

I have no garage where I live now.

That is a possibility. You probably want to look for one where you can wash your gear outside and is accessible during early hours in case you drive down to catch an early boat departure. You many need a unit with ventilation though unless your gear is really dry when you stow it. They are "probably" less expensive in Marina or Castroville than Monterey or Pacific Grove.

If it were me I'd just get a king size bed and sleep with my gear. But to each his own.

I store my gear in my house, not in my garage. Storage units are expensive, even for those tiny closets dimensions. Is it worth it to you to spend $100/month? Reach out to the local divers in Monterey (forum) if they're willing to let you store your gear at their place. Perhaps get a group together to share the cost of a storage unit.

I used to be in the same situation, no garage and accumulating dive gears. For it, it worked out much better if storage is near my home than in Monterey. But than, yeah, it gets expansive. I have tanks in my living room, they make nice decoration and conversation starter. All other stuffs are easy to hide in a smaller closet. And saving $100 a month.

/me looks at the piles of dive gear sitting in the corner of the apartment. :D We have gear intensive hobbies and our apartment is like a fort of hobby gear. lol

If anyone wants to split a unit near EPA/MV Area, let me know.

The cheapest I found so far is a 5x5 in EPA supposedly for $55/mo. Other areas were $100.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom