should I dive St. Lucia this time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tangfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All, I have a timeshare that is expiring and have the opportunity to go to St. Lucia for a week during the middle of this august. Does anyone know if its worth it to go right now? I know its the middle of hurricane season, but I don't know if this is a reason to go or not to go. Also, the timeshare is at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, does anyone have any info they can share on this place, and also any recommendations on dive operators and pricing? Also, is shore diving an easy option on the island. I really have not even heard of St. Lucia before so please help fill me in. I have about 24 hours to make the call.

thanks,

FS

funkyspelunker:
Hello All, I have a timeshare that is expiring and have the opportunity to go to St. Lucia for a week during the middle of this august. Does anyone know if its worth it to go right now? I know its the middle of hurricane season, but I don't know if this is a reason to go or not to go. Also, the timeshare is at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, does anyone have any info they can share on this place, and also any recommendations on dive operators and pricing? Also, is shore diving an easy option on the island. I really have not even heard of St. Lucia before so please help fill me in. I have about 24 hours to make the call.

thanks,

FS

HI funkyspelunker!

I haven't stayed at Windjammer Landing, but heard it is nice. There is no Shore Diving in St. Lucia because of the park status of the reefs, which means you must use a dive op to dive with. The diving there is excellent though.
Do a search for my post on St. Lucia from earlier this year for a detailed account and my recommendations for the best operator to dive with.

-Tobagoman

I thought there was shore diving, just that it had to be guided. (Which discourages me from going there, but that's a different topic.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom