Should I buy this package??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cameron echols

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Thinking about buying this bundle Hog Pro BCD Package

It's the HOG hybrid pro BCD looking to upgrade the regulator to the D3

my issue is I have never really heard of HOG besides on diver supply website.. theres really no reviews on their gear and I'm going be stationed in San Diego and worried about getting serviced??

The reg is sealed so thats good.

The BC, my biggest concern is whether or not it's the right one for you. Have you tried the 3 types of BC's? Also size charts aren't always accurate so there is a risk of not fitting right.

You mentioned service so it's up to you if you want to send to HOG, or learn to do them yourself.

I believe that is a good set. I actually dive the Sea Elite Covert balanced regulator, which is the Diver's Supply store brand version of the same reg, and it has been great. HOG regs seem to be pretty well liked by others on here as well, and Edge/HOG have a pretty good network of dealers to service them. Here's a link to look up dealers (from a quick search, I see 2 in the San Diego area): Storelocator

I have no idea about the quality of HOG since I'm from Europe, but in general people on the forum seem pretty happy with their stuff.

I have checked what dive shops are currently certified centers for EDGE HOG brand in San Diego for you

and 'House of Scuba' seems to be a certified HOG service center, and so is Rod Brown Pro and Seven Seas exploration. i couldn't find alot info on the last two, but House of Scuba seems to be a huge store.

One thing that might be of interest if you're looking into some other gear, it seems that most LDS in the area seem to be service centers for Scubapro, Aqualung and some atomic. But I guess these seem to be the most represented in the US?

The reg is sealed so thats good.

The BC, my biggest concern is whether or not it's the right one for you. Have you tried the 3 types of BC's? Also size charts aren't always accurate so there is a risk of not fitting right.

You mentioned service so it's up to you if you want to send to HOG, or learn to do them yourself.

That's why I like the idea of the hybrid it's not a back inflate or jacket it's that in between but to anwser your question no I have only used jacket but I am still very much a beginner..I'm currently stationed in italy were renting gear is super super cheap and looking up renting plus going with a guide because me and my wife are still learning is expensive at least in San Diego were we are going

I have no idea about the quality of HOG since I'm from Europe, but in general people on the forum seem pretty happy with their stuff.

I have checked what dive shops are currently certified centers for EDGE HOG brand in San Diego for you

and 'House of Scuba' seems to be a certified HOG service center, and so is Rod Brown Pro and Seven Seas exploration. i couldn't find alot info on the last two, but House of Scuba seems to be a huge store.

One thing that might be of interest if you're looking into some other gear, it seems that most LDS in the area seem to be service centers for Scubapro, Aqualung and some atomic. But I guess these seem to be the most represented in the US?

Not too sure as I'm currently in Italy and have only dove here where it's super cheap ..but divers supply seems be one of only companies I can find that does the scuba packages likes this and seems best bang for your buck

I believe that is a good set. I actually dive the Sea Elite Covert balanced regulator, which is the Diver's Supply store brand version of the same reg, and it has been great. HOG regs seem to be pretty well liked by others on here as well, and Edge/HOG have a pretty good network of dealers to service them. Here's a link to look up dealers (from a quick search, I see 2 in the San Diego area): Storelocator

Thank you, all you guys are awesome

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom