Should I buy a nitrox (O2) analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oxygen sensors are actually a current source that varies with the oxygen level.
tenor.gif

You have to use a little common sense.

There are two dive shops in Boulder, Colorado, and neither one has the ability to put anything other than air in a tank. One of those shops provides nitrox for its instructors to use on busy certification days when they are doing multiple dives, but when they do, I am the one doing it, and I only put it into specific tanks I O2 cleaned myself.

At the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM, the person doing the fills only has the ability to pump air. She does rent nitrox sometimes, but that will be in special tanks delivered to her from a shop far away. If you use any of the tanks she provides, or is she refills one of yours, it will be air.

There are many situations like that. On the other hand, yes, if you get a tank filled by a shop capable of making nitrox, then you should check.

that’s Fair I guess. Our situations are obviously much different, I’ve never personally been in a shop that doesn’t have 02 on site (besides when I first bought my own personal compressor) as there’s lots of tech diving here so yea.

also it’s just as easy to analyze as it is to ask every single time if they have any 02 on site or not.

I check all my tanks.

Yeah, some Weegie was trying to tell me they were a voltage source.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom