Question Should dry suit pokets be moved

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba fryd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi just ordered my new dry suit and i dive sm i forgot about the fact i could have had the pocket moved 7 cm forward so the tanks wouldn't be Infront of the pokets or will that be anoying

What suit did you end up ordering

I struggle to get to my pockets on my aqualung bullet in SM. I would move the pockets forward given the option.

The main issue with pockets in SM is the fact that once you put stuff in them, they tend to A-frame the cylinders.

I have been hunting for some tech shorts with pockets in front or behind for SM. I have kind of made piece with the fact that I must just get some made.

Also always wondered if in front or behind would be better. With just your 2 cylinders in front would be good and still reachable. But slap on 2 deco cylinders and the front is more difficult I find. So leaning more towards the back.

My drysuit has them on the side, so that's done already as I got those attached when I was still diving twins.

I have mine in front and find quite useful but I am sure you can make it work also on the side

I use a Dive-Rite Ray, twin steel LP 85'2 - Dive-Rite 901 drysuit.
No problems getting into either pocket in this standard factory applied pockets configuration

I have been hunting for some tech shorts with pockets in front or behind for SM. I have kind of made piece with the fact that I must just get some made.

Also always wondered if in front or behind would be better. With just your 2 cylinders in front would be good and still reachable. But slap on 2 deco cylinders and the front is more difficult I find. So leaning more towards the back.

My drysuit has them on the side, so that's done already as I got those attached when I was still diving twins.
What u found out is that it's a preference if you dive alot of boat dives then it's hard to sit down if you have anything in your pockets but some are more flexible han has a better time reaching them in the back than in the front

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom