Shot through the heart (somewhat graphic warning)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now ask your self, a person who does not like fish to be killed will get joy out of someone getting hurt?
There are certainly people that feel that way. I would hope that you wouldn’t, but I don’t know that about you.

Karma in this context is neutral, he got exactly same fate as his deed and this is a fact, not a judgment. It just captures an ironic situation.
You provided no context just a single word. You’ve also previously stated that you look down on people who fish when they have another job to feed their family. So, adding in that context looks very judgmental.

I spearfish, fish, and sometimes buy fish from the market. I don’t need to catch my own fish, but I do because I enjoy the hunt, and also enjoy fresh fish. I guess you look down on me. That’s fine. I don’t need your approval of my recreational activities.

BTW. If someone does not need to fish to feed their family, in your mind is it OK for them to buy fish in a restaurant or market?
Beside, people who expressed displeasure with Karma looked to me as the same mob who attacked me earlier, it is very likely they feel threatened that the tribe is under attack. Just like you, they carry their animosity from other threads to here. I would be happy if you'd please stop.
I wasn’t even aware of those other threads until you posted on this one, so I didn’t attack you. I did look up some posts by you, and came across that other thread. I sincerely wanted to see if the comment in this thread was isolated, or if I could gain some understanding of the possible intentions behind the post. Your own words provided some additional context that was missing from the one word comment.

It is perhaps you who is making that judgement that he had bad deeds.

Nah. The judgement is usually based on the heroin syringe or meth in their pocket.

But where were we? Oh yeah: You give love a bad name.

Muzzle disciple folks. Be it firearms or spearguns. Treat all guns as if they are loaded. Applies to spear guns as well.

So it was mentioned earlier about non-spearos paired with spearos .. I have been paired with one a couple of times. First one thought he was going to get some lion fish to try recipes on (he's a chef) well dude was a train wreck diving dumped his weights twice from not having the secured properly he didn't see them the first time I had to grab them and give them back to him. Second time he dropped them it took him 5 minutes of writhing around on the sand to put them back after which he was at 500psi dive over! On the boat I asked how many dives he had answer 17. He was not ready for hunting the next dive was sans spear gun!
The other guy I had met but not dived with before. He did properly spear and secure a nice hogfish. However the next use of his gun really pissed me off... we spotted a couple good sized bugs I went in to try my luck at getting the first one (haven't gotten my first yet) as I begin to reach for it his spear passes by my arm straight into the lobster. 1.illegal! 2.dangerous! 3. Rude. Some people have no business with a speargun and give the responsible one a bad name. I my self want to begin spear fishing but have not done so yet because I want to be a good regular diver first then add that skill. I feel I am almost there but not quite yet.

Dive safe out there!

There are certainly people that feel that way. I would hope that you wouldn’t, but I don’t know that about you.

You provided no context just a single word. You’ve also previously stated that you look down on people who fish when they have another job to feed their family. So, adding in that context looks very judgmental.

I spearfish, fish, and sometimes buy fish from the market. I don’t need to catch my own fish, but I do because I enjoy the hunt, and also enjoy fresh fish. I guess you look down on me. That’s fine. I don’t need your approval of my recreational activities.

BTW. If someone does not need to fish to feed their family, in your mind is it OK for them to buy fish in a restaurant or market?

I wasn’t even aware of those other threads until you posted on this one, so I didn’t attack you. I did look up some posts by you, and came across that other thread. I sincerely wanted to see if the comment in this thread was isolated, or if I could gain some understanding of the possible intentions behind the post. Your own words provided some additional context that was missing from the one word comment.
If you kill fish for fun, it makes you a person that kills animals for fun. I am sure you have many good deeds that I elevates you and I can look up to you as well. This is not one of those.
Killing is sometimes necessary for survival. Nations bear armies. Young people join to serve to a greater cause, we call them heros. What do we call the ones who join because killing is thrilling?

What do we call the ones who join because killing is thrilling?
Navy Seals????
Seals kill fish don't they??

Ok people it's a joke. Lighten up for Pete's sake.

People talk about being concerned about stuff, but don't think things through.
A fish hook is no different from a spear..
Sounds like some people want to banned fishing with a rod with a line on it..
You know how much money is spent on fishing ? I don't but I know it's a lot more than diving.....
(diving is a cheap hobby from what my fishing friends tell me...)

But then the same people whine that stuff is so expensive. And don't want to do without..
It's so easy to point fingers.
It's a real first world problem,
We just expect food it be in the stores.

You will never make heaven here on earth no matter how hard you try.
In fact its going get worse not better.

If you kill fish for fun, it makes you a person that kills animals for fun. I am sure you have many good deeds that I elevates you and I can look up to you as well. This is not one of those.
Killing is sometimes necessary for survival. Nations bear armies. Young people join to serve to a greater cause, we call them heros. What do we call the ones who join because killing is thrilling?
You didn’t answer my earlier question. Are you a vegetarian or vegan?

If you are, then I can respect your convictions. If not, then you lose credibility. In this case, you are simply one who isn’t willing to do the deed themselves.

You didn’t answer my earlier question. Are you a vegetarian or vegan?

If you are, then I can respect your convictions. If not, then you lose credibility. In this case, you are simply one who isn’t willing to do the deed themselves.
You did not ask that question earlier :). It does not make sense anyway. I do not have to be a teetotalist to say drinking alcohol is not healthy. You are trying to make this personal. How many times I need to say, please stop? You made your statement, I did mine, how about moving on?

You did not ask that question earlier :). It does not make sense anyway. I do not have to be a teetotalist to say drinking alcohol is not healthy. You are trying to make this personal. How many times I need to say, please stop? You made your statement, I did mine, how about moving on?
I asked in a different way. Is it OK to buy fish or meat in a restaurant or market? You didn’t answer that one.

You didn’t really answer the other one either. At least not directly, but you answered in a way, and seemed to completely miss the point.

If you are a vegetarian or vegan and are against recreational fishing, or hunting, you are being consistent in your beliefs. If not, you just don’t want the blood on your hands directly, but in the end, it’s the same. An animal still has to die to put meat on the plate.

I’ll take, “roundabout ways of saying no” for a thousand, Alex.

hope I'm not being completely out of line here but my first thought after going through the thread: I wonder why Mako Spearguns has not droped into this thread to advertise....

They might try to give a safety message, but that would be considered redundant after the discussion of the accident.

If you are a vegetarian or vegan and are against recreational fishing, or hunting, you are being consistent in your beliefs. If not, you just don’t want the blood on your hands directly, but in the end, it’s the same. An animal still has to die to put meat on the plate.

Yeah, but the vegans have chlorophyll, or whatever, on their hands, as plants are living as well. In the end, they are all finished when they hit the plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom