Shorter route to Mabini peninsula

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prandyulo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last Saturday a huge open bed trailer blocked the road from Planet dive to Balai. So tried the alternate road via Mainit to Mabini town proper. Only 2 kilometers not yet concreted but graded road left. I think one can save 5 kilometers going this way. That is, if one is going to and coming from Planet Dive, Bali, Solana and nearby resorts. Mabini town proper is big and I will research on the eating places. For Anilao divers, you might try Johanna's grill in Bauan, great baby back ribs, crispy beef ribs, tacos, lengua, and sisig. take the road across Bauan Doctor's hospital a few meters and you won't miss it. Bring along your dive sticker and post it on the resto's wall.

Thera are a few places to eat in Bauan, I like Andoks for that chicken with some boiled corn from the street vendors. Take the road (left) thru Mabini town to Talaga, then onward to maninit where that big resort is. The road going down to it is steep and the road heading out toward Balai & planet dive is even steeper for sure, but at least now it is driveable. Great views for sure.

Discovered Johanna's baby back ribs almost a year ago. We stop there for lunch or dinner every time we come diving in Anilao. Delicious, guaranteed you'll like it.

Thanks for the alternate route info, Prandy and Blue. You'll never know if a big boulder comes down from the mountain and blocks the Anilao rural road (regular route) and you need to divert.

Back
Top Bottom