Short/small backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Want to buy a short or small size backplate for my wife. She is 5'2" tall and a regular size backplate is a bit too long for her.

Prefererencenis for stainless but aluminum would be ok too.

-Z

My 5' girlfriend loves her OxyCheq. It comes in at 13" despite what the OxyCheq website says. Northeast Scuba Supply may still have some un-coated aluminum blemish plates for a decent price.

Reactions: Zef
Would she need it to be doubles friendly? If not, consider one of Eric’s Freedom plates. I am 5’2” and dive one of his earlier versions of small stainless and love it.

Would she need it to be doubles friendly? If not, consider one of Eric’s Freedom plates. I am 5’2” and dive one of his earlier versions of small stainless and love it.

She has no intention of diving doubles.

I wonder what the current wait time is for one of Eric's plates.

-Z

She has no intention of diving doubles.

I wonder what the current wait time is for one of Eric's plates.

-Z
There probably isn’t a big demand for the smalls. It’s possible he might have one on hand.

I don't know what your comfort level with DIY is, but my kids (10 and 14) use plates I cut from cutting boards (Farberware 14x11, but you could use whatever size suited her). used a drill, jig saw, and a dremel to smooth the edges. The wings in these pics are DIY and smaller than standard. The blue one is my 10 y.o. with an old 1800 psi 38 strapped to it (6.9 inch diameter tank, for scale). Could be the temporary answer while you line up what she wants long term.
Respectfylly,
James

Attachments

• 20190831_153856.jpg
    20190831_153856.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 20190908_174524.jpg
    20190908_174524.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 20200616_110149.jpg
    20200616_110149.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 161
  • CuttingBoardTemplate.jpg
    CuttingBoardTemplate.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 194
My 5' girlfriend loves her OxyCheq. It comes in at 13" despite what the OxyCheq website says. Northeast Scuba Supply may still have some un-coated aluminum blemish plates for a decent price.

Yep, my 5'-2" wife got one.....

Nope

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom