Short Review of Trustfire DF30 Three-Color Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I wanted an inexpensive light with a UV mode, so ordered this one: Trustfire DF30 Dive LED Light 2350LM Scuba Video Photo Torch 100M 32650 Battery | eBay
Price was $62, shipped. It arrived within the promised window.
The website gives all the relevant specs, which appear to be approximately correct, but I have no way to actually measure things like lumens.
It functions in four modes: flood, spot, UV, and red. Each is dimmable.
The battery is a 32650, which is LOT of battery for a light that is only 120mm long and 44mm in diameter.
Used it on night dives in Bonaire during my last two weeks there.
Things I like: Price. Multiple colors, good flood beam, good spot beam. Small, easy to handle. Dimmable within each mode. Good mounting possibilities (1/4-20 threaded hole, comes with a ball; good spot on the base to tie a snap-bolt into).
Things I don't like: very weak UV light, 32650 battery doesn't fit in many chargers. Button must be depressed three times within about 1s to turn it on. Cannot turn it off without cycling through all the modes. UV light is 395nm; I would prefer one a bit more blue, for more excitation of fluorescence.

It is a good deal for $62, if you want some white (flood and spot), red, and violet light!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom