Shore diving options in Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pa diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sorry, posted in the general travel forum but figured I should narrow this down.

We have miles on US AIR ( ok, stop laughing) and are looking for a good shore diving location in Feb/March...........US AIR does not go to Bonaire or this would be a no brainer. Was hoping to get some input on other Caribbean destinations offering a "bonairish" type of diving. I realize Bonaire is the shore diving cap of the world and we do love it there............but what comes in second or third? Much thanks.......

If you can get there on US Air, Curacao is a good second choice or just hop one of the island hoppers over to Bonaire from Curacao.

I can get to Aruba and puddle jump from there but figured this would frce us to look at other shore diving locations. So far I'm not hearing many options other than the ones you listed, mmmm.

Limited options on Grand Cayman -

Limited options on Roatan -

Very limited in Fort Lauderdale

Best bet is fly to Aruba and puddle jump to Bonaire

As I understand it, the RT cost is only in the $100 range from Aruba or Curacao to Bon ...sure worth the price to me.

Thanks again...........looks as though I may be puddle jumping. Would still like to know if anyone out there has had good shore diving in other locations though.

Thanks again...........looks as though I may be puddle jumping. Would still like to know if anyone out there has had good shore diving in other locations though.

We go to Grand Cayman and do shore dives all the time there. We have spent a week there doing nothing but shore dives. It is possible to swim out to the wall and do that for your shore dive or you can stay in closer and do 60' dives. Either way we always see lots of things and have a blast.

There ar 100s of shore dives in Cayman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom