Shore diving on Elbow Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A friend sent me this picture of the steps at Elbow Beach in Bermuda. Destroyed by storms which have removed about 10 feet of sand. I did so many beautiful dives off the beach there. :(
7E552E78-0819-4183-B7F2-3CBDA5DA2693.jpeg

Wow, the power of storms is just amazing! I’ve been to Bermuda a few times but never to Elbow Beach. Is shore diving still doable there?

Good question. We used to gear up in the parking lot then descend the stairs to the beach. Was about a 200 yard swim to the reef onto one of the best dives on the island. I saw some of the biggest lobsters I’ve ever seen there. Doesn’t look possible now.

Hoping to be back there next spring, a delayed trip from last year. My wife doesn’t dive so I’m planning on a day trip with one of the shops. We’re always looking for good places to snorkel, though.

If you want to do the best shore diving, you need to meet up with a member of the local BSAC club and join him/her on a shore dive. It’s a tough assignment. You need tanks and weights and a willing buddy. A car will be needed and you can’t rent one.

The other alternative is to dive with a shop and do one of their prepackaged tourist dives. (Marie Celeste, Hermes etc). My favorite shop is Tucker’s Point - see if you can dive Cathedral with them.

Thanks for the info! I’ll check them out.

… and if you need a BSAC buddy, hit me up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom