Shore diving Memorial Day Week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luckydays

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am coming back to Fort Lauderdale/Pompano Beach again for Memorial Day week (5/27-6/3). I am looking to see if there are some folks looking to do some shore diving during this time, both over the weekend and during the week. I know that BHB wont provide any good daytime diving (tides are wrong for it) but I would not mind a night dive or two there or another site.

I take pics so I will be sure to get one of you underwater if you want me to!!!

So who is game to go shore diving with me next week???

Last edited:
luckydays, don't rule out the early morning dives at BHB. During the week the mornings are very uncrowded and
plenty of parking. The park opens at sunrise and I believe the monday through friday high tides look to be after
sunrise starting on monday may 30, 2011. These early bridge high tides leave afternoons open for an afternoon
shore dive or even a charter trip. The closer shore dives (from the bridge) would be from 8th or 12th street in
Pompano.

I'm game. Let's set something up!

Thanks Idive! The problem with the early high tide is getting up and driving there. Man that is really early and I am a bit to lazy for that.

Hi Jenny, I have a wide open schedule from Sunday to Thursday. My BF knows I am there to dive so he is cool with whatever I want. You let me know what works best for you.

My gear is packed and ready to go. I am going to rent 2 tanks on Saturday so I am set for Sunday if I can get a few dives in.

luckydays , now let me think If I know anybody / place that u can do some beach diving .yup I know a few places , and somebody u know , guess who :idk:

PM me so i can give u more details . were diving with the same group but under a different name

Gold Coast Scuba » Your Site Name

If u remember the drop off 2/3 swim from the beach or we can do LBTS 100 yds off beach
we diving Saturday 10:30 , Sunday 10:30 , Monday ?

Hi Steve, Sunday and/or Monday works good for me. Probably smart to do LBTS first before Pompano so I can make sure I dont have a heart attack on the swim out. :D

This Sunday and Memorial Day are out for me. But after that... let's dive!

Sure thing Jenny. I will send you a pm over the weekend once I get settled to see what we can get together for T, W, and/or Th.

Saturday LBTS available for me .let me know

Thanks Steven. I dont think Saturday will work for me but I am open for Sunday and/or Monday. I *might* be able to get a dive in Sat if its late enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom