Shore diving in North Sulawesi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColoDiver

New
Reaction score
My wife and I are planning a trip to Indonesia next year to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We're thinking at this point of North Sulawesi, maybe split between Lembeh and Banaken, but we are open to other ideas. We'd love to stay at a spot where we can shore dive to our hearts content, and hop on the boat when we want to. Any suggestions of resorts in the area that offer great shore diving? TIA.

Hello we have stayed at Black Sand Dive Retreat in Lembeh twice in the last two years. You are able to dive on the house reef from the beach at any time. It is an excellent location with many dive sites within 5 mins. The dive guides are fantastic at spotting the small critters. Most of the dives are muck but there are some beautiful coral sites. We have split our holiday between Lembeh and Bunaken, providing the best of both worlds. It is also worth considering Banka which is possible to visit on a day trip from Bunaken. We also stayed at Puilisan Jungle Beach resort which has some excellent dive sites. Living Colours in Bunaken is highly recommended and we are returning this summer for the third year running!

We did several shore dives from the pier at Tasik Ria near Manado. It was pretty decent but will get boring after a few days. We did a shore dive every day after our third boat dive at KBR right off of the dock. We saw cuttlefish laying their eggs, many nudis, octopus, lots of fish, crocodile fish etc. etc. We never got bored here!
Shore dives are included in your package! I guess there is a pgmy seahorse on a sea fan at about 50 feet but I couldn't see it! Have fun!

:)We did several shore dives from the pier at Tasik Ria near Manado. It was pretty decent but will get boring after a few days. We did a shore dive every day after our third boat dive at KBR right off of the dock. We saw cuttlefish laying their eggs, many nudis, octopus, lots of fish, crocodile fish etc. etc. We never got bored here!
Shore dives are included in your package! I guess there is a pgmy seahorse on a sea fan at about 50 feet but I couldn't see it! Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom