Shore Diving in Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

velotaco

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to head to Kauai in the next couple of weeks and would like to do some shore dives. Anyone have any recommendations? I will be staying on the south side near Port Allen. I heard there may be an airplane somewhere around Barking Sands. Anyone dove that site or know anything about it?

Thanks.

You may get more responses/info if you posted on the Hawaii section of the board.

Koloa Landing is a nice shore dive on the south side of the island. It's a very easy entry and there are almost always turtles there, though sometimes apparently it can get full of stuff that kills the vis.

You may get more responses/info if you posted on the Hawaii section of the board.

Koloa Landing is a nice shore dive on the south side of the island. It's a very easy entry and there are almost always turtles there, though sometimes apparently it can get full of stuff that kills the vis.

Yep, the vis drops to almost nothing sometimes - particularly if there have been storms lately. I've usually managed to get better vis in those cases by heading out and down (follow the rough horseshoe shape) but I did call a shore dive there before because of the amount of debris in the water. There had been a few storms shortly before and the water was full of...stuff? Like tons and tons of wood chips, sticks, big branches/small trees, random nasty garbage.

Otherwise it's a very easy shore dive and the biggest issue I've had involved slippery footing going in/out. Tons of turtles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom