Shore diving in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skipjen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I will be going to Grand Cayman December 19-26. We are staying at the Turtle Nest Inn and renting a car. I think we will do some boat dives with Ocean Frontiers, but I am also interested in doing lots of shore diving (anywhere on the island). Is there a resource that shows all shore dive spots, something like they have for Bonaire--the shore diving made easy book. What is your favorite shore diving spot? Any tips you have these first time Grand Caymaners will be much appreciated!!! One last thing---is there a must do while on Grand Cayman--whether a restaurant that is the best in the whole wide world, a dinner cruise, something that is a must see (not sting ray city)??? Thanks in advance---Jennifer

Last edited:
Hi! I've been researching some of that myself lately, and came across this article ... might help. Caymanians feel free to adjust this or correct it in any way - I'm just passing on what I found.

Grand Cayman's 10 Great Shore Dives - Sportdiver.com

Hope it helps!

Sheesh, that's hard to read. Do they not believe in paragraphs?

Anyway, there's no date on that article but it's old. Some of the places listed have been gone for years, others have a new operator/name. Some that still exist in the same form I wouldn't rate all that highly (Sunset House and Eden Rock come to mind. They're popular - so popular they're kind of beat up and tired.)

A search here will uncover some previous discussions of Grand Cayman shore diving and that's probably your best up to date info. Shorediving.com is often suggested as a resource but you can't count on that being up to date either. For example, the Seaview hotel, mentioned both in that article and on shorediving.com, was wiped out in a hurricane a few years ago. There was on again off again talk of new condos, don't know the current status or if shore access is still available there. Coconut Harbour Resort is another place that is long closed and I don't know the status of access there either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom