Shore diving in Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highlandfarmwv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know of a dive shop that will rent tanks and weights for independent shore diving? I have tried all I can find so far and no one does. What are some good sites? Thank you very much.

I have just been recently told by a dive ops there that no one is renting tanks for shore dives. And, I think that is a shame. There is Carlisle Bay which is a great shore dive but now they might as well pull the wrecks out if no one can dive them. But I am sure the locals will dive them. I really cant understand why dive ops cant cultivate shore diving into their regimen and not fear it will close their businesses. Bonaire shows that wont happen if you work it half way right.

Folkstone is another shore dive but be careful of boats.....use a flag.

Maybe....just maybe .....if you dive with an ops a couple of times they will have mercy on you and rent you tanks. Pls let us know.

You can dive in Carlisle bay however usually dive shops take you out by boat to a location in the bay. I recently got my OW certification and I'm purchasing second hand gear (including tank) so I can shore dive which in the long run is more affordable. The shops make money by boating divers around and we can't blame them for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom