Shore Diving - Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KnightDvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi folks,

My boys (ages 11/13) have recently been certified and I am looking for some easy shore dives to build up their confidence and skills before heading to the East Coast for some boat dives. We have dove Sunset Beach multiple times, but they seem to be getting a bit bored with the same site.

Doesn't have to be spectacular, just prefer something other than just sand.

Thanks.

Chris

All the West coast beaches are similar. If you know someone on the Palm the fronds can have life

Otherwise I'd suggest popping over to Sandy Beach on the East Coast, and divign Snoopy Island. Its a short surface swim from the beach, max depth 6-8m and a decent amount of life

First boat dives, I'd choose Dibba Rock with Divers down as thats 9-14m and a chance of Blacktips.

To be honest Dibba is a short trip away, I would take the boys there! For Dibba rock, I would not go with DD though - pick one closer to Dibba. (We usually dive with DD and they are great, but it's a long sail to Dibba Rock, whereas Radisson Blu/Royal has a 5 min boat trip - would be better with kids)

Or go with DD to 3 rocks - love that place just as much as Dibba Rock:)

Freestyle Divers is a 2 minute ride to Dibba Rock, can't get closer.

They are also a good operator.

Echo Freestyle. Only op I’d choose having gone with all the big players. Just my personal choice.

I've had some very interesting dives off Sunset Mall Beach, including a couple of night dives.

The seagrass has some hidden gems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom