Shore dives near JBPHH or Waikiki?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OtherHalf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Recently changed work locations and looking for some new dive spots. Done most the normal stuff on the leeward and north shores. Like to dive before work and to make that happen I need to find somewhere closer to honolulu so I don't hit the traffic (work in Ft. Shafter).

Any decent shore dive spots that won't make me sit through quite as much rush hour traffic? Want to keep up the morning dives if I can, but too hard to go do a leeward or north shore drive, then try and beat the traffic getting into town.

This is a tough one. Where do you live? Shore diving on Oahu is good at the spots that you have already probably done, but getting off the beaten path probably means diving with a scooter. There is a good reef in front of Magic Island. There is nothing on JBPHH that won't get the MPs after you, navy security and all. Point Panic is probably the easiest drive up, but that is where the scooter comes in handy, hella swim. matt@islanddivershawaii.c om if you want more on that.

I'm good with bringing the scooter, just need to get details on the dive. Will shoot you an email!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom