Shore Dives Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dthomas

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey,

Going to be there in just over a months time and was wondering if anyone has tried any shore dives from this resort?

Thanks
Dallas

I was there a couple of years ago. There was no shore diving at all but there is a patch of reef within swimming distance from the beach that was a fun little snorkel whenever I needed a break from the beach bar :) The on-site dive op did daily trips but they wanted $90.00 for a two-tank dive which in my opinion was way too much for a cattle operation. On snorkel "excursions" we saw barracuda, parrot fish and the usual smaller reef fish...some days there was a fair but of wave action and surge on the "reef" but that just made it more interesting.

The hotel is really nice...provided you like to walk :) The main hotel area and restaurants are quite a walk from the beach area but my wife and I still loved the place. Let me know if you need any other information.

Bob (Toronto)

Hi there Dthomas,

If you are looking for a small, personalized operation then I would suggest checking out Blue Experience Diving. Their shop is just 100 yards from the main lobby of the hotel. They offer a great service for local ocean and cenote diving.

Blue Experience Diving, Akumal

Thanks for the info Bob - will definitely take that in mind and will try to plan accordingly.

My wife and I are traveling with our little ones and some friends who are not divers so I unfortunately will not have a lot of time on this particular trip to get in a lot of diving. I would like to get in a few dives though for sure and I know my wife would love to get in at least 1 or 2. It will definitely come down to time and price on this trip.

Blue Life -- Karla -- Looking at maybe 1 or 2 Cenote dives and maybe a nice wall or drift dive if you know of any. Thanks

I've stayed at this resort several times, I recommend "Akumal Dive Shop".
Akumal is about 5-7 minutes south of the resort.
They have lockers available to leave your gear for your convenience getting back and forth. If your traveling companions enjoy snorkeling, Akumal bay is spectacular with a large variety of sea life including turtles, rays, squid, barracuda, and a large variety of fish. They could make a day of it there quite easilly as there are serval beachfront restaurant/bars and some shopping as well while you get some dives in. I have done just this with my family.
If you would like any advise drop me a PM with your contact info and I'd be happy to help...

I see Blue Life has responded and is on location, I don't believe they were onsite last time I was there about 3yrs ago...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom