Shore Based Dive Locations with Live Aboard Type Diving Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I want to know is how to get the stamina to dive in the day and then work at night. After diving, I'm usually so drained that staying awake long enough for dinner is a challenge.

Sounds like a great life if you can pull it off. I'm obviously envious.

I go on vacations where I do 3 day dives and some 4th dive night dives and rack up do this for 10 - 12 days straight on air dives. I don't use nitrox often but I will in the future. I can get home change and shower do dinner and maybe spend some time looking at the days photos and videos. If I sleep by 9pm I often wake at 6am so do a nice breakfast before the first dive.

I'm 60 now so doubt I would be pulling long diving days and some late hours working. If I had to work at night time I would probably dive later next morning after 10:30am and get some more sleep in.

Panglao Bohol also offers great diving like PG and Anilo.

Actually I think Any question is a good question and this one is valid.
for example for Buceo Anilao there is NOT internet in the rooms. But a few rooms are situated where there is good coverage.
I specifically pre book one of those rooms. Last trip someone in admin moved me from that room with no notice. When I arrived luckily someone was willing to swap or I would have had to abandon the trip. This was all after arriving a long way. Get any agreement like this in writing is the rule and I had it.

How do you get that in writing?

I once had my chosen room "in writing" (Maldives) but when I showed up, there was nothing that the hotel could do about it. They did give me what they considered an upgrade. It was a suite, useless to me and almost street level on the intersection side.

I never stayed there again, of course, after 4-5? stays at their little hotel. I don't recommend it anymore either, so have they lost anything losing me as a guest? Who knows for sure.

Happily for me though, I found a much better place in a much prettier area and have enjoyed my subsequent stays at the new to me place.

Had the first hotel not screwed me over (despite me having it "in writing"), I'd have continued to stay there.

My cup isn't half full, it's 3/4 full.

Just another happy accident, I guess. Too bad that I was such a horrible person the day that it happened. I have no excuse for my behavior and for that I've long been sorry.

Too bad that I was such a horrible person the day that it happened. I have no excuse for my behavior and for that I've long been sorry.

You can come live in Chicago. Fit right in.

Wondering post Covid whether recs have changed for any of these especially as wifi becomes more available for work remote. Starlink should really change the game even for far flung places like Raja Ampat. I offered to pay for bring and gift a Starlink for a resort there last year as I had to do work while there, but the concept of a briefcase sized device for wifi was just not believed.... so they politely declined the offer. Ended up in NE Bali which was lovely.... but not RA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom