Shopping at Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evandroairton

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello folks!!
How about shopping for gear in Bonaire?
How are the prices there, when compared to the US?
Thanks!

Hello folks!!
Thanks!

There are a couple of gear shops and most of the local dive shops sell odds and ends and spare parts, but from the prices Ive seen here (we're in Bonaire now), you'll get better prices in the States.

Hello folks!!
Thanks!

Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn has prices that are equal to or less than those in the States. Remember that you will need to pay the local tax on the items.

No deals to be had in Bonaire and not much shopping - gear or otherwise!

Actually I would have to say Bruce Bowkers Carib Inn. We have found some deals before moving here to Bonaire that we couldn't get in our area (at that time we lived in NJ). Bruce is also AMAZING in prices for small repairs (there have been times he has been know to charge nothing for an extremely minor fix). Most of have heard he ever charged was $15.00
Regarding shopping otherwise, there are a few good jewelry stores, an new outlet shop for bathing suits, etc called Outlet Mol, A great perfume shop in town and they are putting in a few more. Also a lot of "gift" shops, great liquor stores. A new place just opened up at the circle across from Chat n Browse (another great place to get stuff like t-shirts, bonaire type gifts, etc). A new shop just opened right by CnB that showcases local art. You might also consider stopping by JanArt Gallery if its Caribbean/local art...

Most of the dive shops, as well as camera shops carry excellent items, but I cannot vouch for the pricing.

Hope this helps.

Liz

Having had to use Bruce for repairs - The service was excellent and the pricing more than fair. Only good things to say!

Actually I would have to say Bruce Bowkers Carib Inn....

Bruce is also AMAZING in prices for small repairs (there have been times he has been know to charge nothing for an extremely minor fix).
Have to agree with this .... had an Octo problem on a trip to Bonaire and Bruce charged $1 to fix it .... while at his shop I bought a full skin (the jellies were eating me alive ...) and the price was comparable to what I would have paid in the states.

Bonaire is not the island to go to for great deals. There's very little shopping at all. I was hoping to replace a broken watch down there but no deals were found.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom