Shop Closing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up that Divers Supply is closing it's Doraville store.

Any maintenance you need and fills will have to be obtained at the Marietta shop.

the K

I just got a email from Divers supply in Doraville saying they are closing up the shop,they are having a close out sale. I hate to see them go,one of the better shops around. I guess I can go to the Marietta store,but hate the traffic up that way.

Did not see your post K,you can merge mine with yours if you want.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Threads merged :D

It is a crying shame. I will miss my Doraville store. Howard and the gang were always so nice and helpful. We need to support the Marietta store or they will be axed one day as well.
This economy does stink when dive shops have to close.
Farewell, Doraville Divers Supply you will be missed.
I was told they would be closing in 3 three weeks. This was last Sunday. I wanted to get one last fill from them.

Anyone buying on the net is part to blame. At least give Your LDS a chance to earn Your buisness.

That's an odd statement, seeing as how Divers Supply is a strong on line scuba supply entity.

I'm sure the fact that they have their own pool on site in Marietta will keep that store as one of the most viable shops in the area.

The manager over there, Jack, is a really stand-up guy and a good person with whom to work.

I used to work only a mile from the Doraville shop, so it was definitely my preferred shop, but I live almost exactly between the Doraville shop and the Marietta shop, and since I lost my job, the distance issue has become moot.

But I, as well as many others, will miss the presence of the people over in Doraville and the good service they rendered.

the K

I think a great deal of the decision to close the Doraville come from the shifting demographics of that particular area.

The dive shop's location had pretty much lost it's geographical advantage to the customer base because of the shifting demographics of that area.

The population that dives lives in a different area than it did when that store was opened.

One of the basic P's of marketing, product, promotion, price and PLACE.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom