Shoddy Retailers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teejs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

Over the last 3 months, I have been doing extensive research about which direction I should go in for my first regulator set up.

I did a lot of searching around everywhere and became very high on the EOS setup with the Alpha 8 octo. I eventually gained a price match guarantee with a company named Trade Inn which goes under the Scubastore/Dive Inn company name.

I have had way too much difficulty with this retailer which represents you, and unfortunately it is all too easy to judge others by the company they keep.

They have made it impossible for me to buy from them, and they have been playing a cloak and dagger game of cat and mouse with my numerous emails, certainly in the range of ten, and phone calls numbering three. The misinformation is purely with VAT and what exactly the final price is. They wrote to me saying for the setup it would be 3,184SEK and have totally avoided any further correspondence, totally robbing me of the excitement of buying my first bits of gear.

I understand you simply manufacture and design products, but I feel it in your best interests to let you know the damage retailers can do. It is not your fault, but this absence of confidence has affected my desire to outlay such sums of money.

I am without doubt still interested in buying regs, but now I am not sure at all which brand to choose. I hope you can have a word with your retailer and tell them to pick up their game.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

TJS

Last edited:
Sorry, the SEK price is what it should be, but they are claiming the need to add 25% tax to it, despite saying on their site prices are inclusive. Either way, I have asked for information on how they will calculate a final price and what exactly it will be to no avail. Frustrating when dealing with such sums for a student.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom