Shipyard and Lighthouse reef?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be diving in Nassau on March 18 with Bahama Divers and their planned morning 2 tank dive is on the Shipyard and Lighthouse reef. We have the option to go to the Lost Blue Hole, for much more $$ (as in $210 each instead of $99 each). Is it worth twice as much to go to the Lost Blue Hole?

I just foned them. The difference should only be an extra $20.
$99 for a standard 2 tank dive. $119 for the lost blue hole.
In answer to your question, no it's not worth an extra $111. I'd say it is worth the extra $20.

Try to go in the AM. The live aboards get there earlier than BDs and kick up silt. with no current in the hole, it just sits there. Look for the cave system that starts about 85'.
If i'm correct, Light house reef is to the western end of Paradise island, at the mouth of the port. I'm told it's made up of interlocking stacked concrete "crosses" for errosion defence. Whilst shallow, it's supposed to be FULL of fish! Even if you don't spend the extra, i don't reckon you'll lose out!

Get'em to check their prices. 1-242-393-6054. Sam or Collie are the people to speak to if you don't get any sence out of the lady that'll answer.

Happy Trails!
Dan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom