Ship's deck gun - aka canon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam Miller III

Scuba Legend
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
CALIFORNIA: Where recreational diving began!
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I have a long thin out dated SCUBA cylinder which I would like to convert to a yard art "ships deck canon."

This is the canon that was mounted on four wheels. low to the deck with a short round barrel- a deck canon

Any one in SCUBA Boardom have or know of where I can obtain plans for a deck canon ?

Sam Miller, 111

like that? Old fashioned style mortar or cannon from scuba tank
il_794xN.779985858_tusu.jpg

il_794xN.779972939_psl2.jpg

CANNON Naval 18th Century 18 Pound Build modelling PLANS | eBay

When noseing around the internet I ran across a set of plans that gave relationships rather than dimensions for building a cannon carriage. It was on Pinterest, and since I'm not a member I could see part of it but had to sign up to get at it. If you know someone on Pintrest they could get it for you.

Good luck and post a picture when it's complete.

Cheers

Bob

Ask and
"Ye shall receive ! "
Thank you old friend for prompt response

I was thinking of a canon with a similar base, but with wheels and a canon with a long barrel

However I just might need to altered my plans to a ships mortar

SAM

Ask and
"Ye shall receive ! "
Thank you old friend for prompt response

I was thinking of a canon with a similar base, but with wheels and a canon with a long barrel

However I just might need to altered my plans to a ships mortar

SAM

Sam...

Suggest buying a scale model...on-line or local hobbie shop...use the instructions to scale your model up or down to suit your needs...lots of variants to choose from...

Our friends mortar is fabulous...

W...
Ship's Cannon.jpg

@lowviz

Exactly the look !

Your plans combined with @W W Meixner and my friend from Russia will provide enough of a challenge..

But any resemblance to historically accurate cannon will be purely coincidental
It is Yard Art- nothing more nothing less--I strongly suspect when completed my dear wife will find a place in the bushes for it

Thank each and every one of you for your prompt reply

Sam Miller, III

I have a friend in Key West with the largest collection of bronze cannons in the world. He has the only found bronze swivel gun from the Atocha, Mel owed him a ton of money and he took it in trade.

He builds the sharpest oak carriages and trunnions I've ever seen, his mortar from Morro Castle is exquisite.

He cleans them with ospho. I cringe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom