Shipping gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Queen Triggerfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm still SORT of considering joining this rowdy group for the Invasion. One of the complications is that I would be flying from Minneapolis, and would have to fly to Nashville on the back end to attend a work conference.

Has anyone ever shipped their gear home? I wouldn't want to schlep it to my work conference and then back home. If so, about how much did it cost, how hard was it, and where did you do it from?

You should join, it's going to be a great trip, great people, and great diving! It wouldn't be bad shipping it home once you get back to the US. I wouldn't ship it from Mexico due to the cost and complications. You should probably make sure to put insurance/tracking on it. I used to mail a box when I would travel back and to Europe. It was so much easier to have everything at my destination when I got there instead of having to haul it all on the plane. Arriving with just my backpack and laptop bag was much better.

Though I would probably consider the cost of packing/shipping vs the cost of a rental while you are there. But only you can weight the pros and cons.

Though I would probably consider the cost of packing/shipping vs the cost of a rental while you are there. But only you can weight the pros and cons.

Thanks for replying. If I were shipping, I would want to do it from Mexico. But, ya know, the idea of renting NEVER occurred to me! That would be my best option.

Shipping, renting or schlepping, whatever works. Just sign up all ready. Not sure how much luggage you need for your conference, but I find that renting the luggage cart makes the gear schlepp a lot easier on my back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom