Shipping equipment home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

techdiver

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) in September. After my diving trips, I plan on seeing Australia and New Zealand by land. So, I don't need my diving equipment for the rest of the trip. I've looked into shipping it home (via UPS) to the east coast of the US, but for a 10kg package (equipment, wet suit, masks, etc) it would cost US$300. One of the reasons for the expense is due to customs. My current plan is to just haul all this stuff around with me - or perhaps ship it to my final destination in New Zealand before I go home.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks!

techdiver:
I am planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) in September. After my diving trips, I plan on seeing Australia and New Zealand by land. So, I don't need my diving equipment for the rest of the trip. I've looked into shipping it home (via UPS) to the east coast of the US, but for a 10kg package (equipment, wet suit, masks, etc) it would cost US$300. One of the reasons for the expense is due to customs. My current plan is to just haul all this stuff around with me - or perhaps ship it to my final destination in New Zealand before I go home.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks!

Scubaroo (Ben) will probably show up and provide good suggestions....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom