Ship anchor at Mahukona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tarponchik

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi everyone,
I accidentally found this anchor off Mahukona, but I could not find related information. It is not featured in this video, for example (pardon me, the video is kinda cheesy), and it is too far from the SS Kauai wreck. Does anyone know where this anchor came from? It is in just 12 ft of water. It has a good piece of chain attached, with roughly the same link size as the Kauai chains are. Does anyone here know anything?
IMG_8933-1.jpg

Mahukona use to be a big shipping port. They even loaded boats with cattle by wire. Theres a bunch of wreck relics scattered around out there. There is a history museum in Hawi that has some pics and info about the area. There are HUGE anchors further out standing upright. I used a dpv to get to them. I'll post a pic when I get home.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Still, this is a big anchor, maybe 8 ft long. There should be some history in this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom