Shields,badges and titles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeCountyDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know now it takes a certen number of posts to change your title (registered to frequent ect.ect.). I want to know how people get the shields and badges?
Example: Sb staff,Defender,Photographer ect.ect.

How do you become a SB supporter?

Staff you have to work for us. :D - we're all unpaid volunteers...
Defender is a secondary badge you can display if you're interested in supporting SB in a lawsuit we're involved in currently.
Photographer is an optional badge. Selecting it gives you more storage space in the photo gallery also.

Any of these - as well as other options can be found in your group memberships - a menu option off your UserCP.

Many - like Instructor, DM etc. require verification as they allow access to other areas.
ScubaBoard - Group Memberships

Others you can just select. Then designate which group you'd like to display at the bottom of the same screen.

Supporting options are here: ScubaBoard - Paid Subscriptions
This link is found off the Board Features dropdown menu.

Last edited:
Staff you have to work for us. :D
Defender is a secondary badge you can display if you're interested in supporting SB in a lawsuit we're involved in currently.
Photographer is an optional badge. Selecting it gives you more storage space in the photo gallery also.

Any of these - as well as other options can be found in your group memberships - a menu option off your UserCP.

Many - like Instructor, DM etc. require verification as they allow access to other areas.
ScubaBoard - Group Memberships

Others you can just select. Then designate which group you'd like to display at the bottom of the same screen.

Supporting options are here: ScubaBoard - Paid Subscriptions
This link is found off the Board Features dropdown menu.

Thanks I just looked it up. Good Deal. One more question how does one work for SB I see "staff" all over the globe.

To clarify what Steve said. One does not "work" for SB in the sense that ScubaBoard employs people, and they come into the "office". Staff members are volunteer moderators who are donating their time to ScubaBoard.

Yeah, I should've been more clear on that. Fixed it....
One more question how does one work for SB I see "staff" all over the globe.
I was asked...

To clarify what Steve said. One does not "work" for SB in the sense that ScubaBoard employs people, and they come into the "office". Staff members are volunteer moderators who are donating their time to ScubaBoard.

Thats what I gathered. Thank you guys

I know this is anold thread, but how do I get to display the badge "Dive Travel Pro" ? I asked permission to join the group, and can access the pages and have also posted. But would like thebadge on profile if ossible. Am am a scuba instructor trainer, but also run a local dive tour booking site, and most of the posts I put up are related to this.

I know this is anold thread, but how do I get to display the badge "Dive Travel Pro" ? I asked permission to join the group, and can access the pages and have also posted. But would like thebadge on profile if ossible. Am am a scuba instructor trainer, but also run a local dive tour booking site, and most of the posts I put up are related to this.
You're all set.

Back
Top Bottom