Sherwood Wisdom Firmware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know it says 15hour, 30hour and 60hour in the middle of the Set 3/SAMP menu, but I think the 15, 30 or 60 hours refers to the maximum number of hours that can be recorded at the chosen sampling rate.

The sampling rates themselves are every 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds as indicated by the :15, :30 and :60 in the upper right corner of the screen.

The fact that a 15 second ssampling rate allows 15 hours of data to be stored, that a 30 second sampling rate allows 30 hours of storage, etc, does create the potential for confusion when setting the rate.

I am not aware of any firmware upgrade service being available. I do know however that as it is, the computer tracks and stores far more data than Sherwood's dated and crappy download software utilizes. You can access the extra information that is stored in the data base, but the software does not use it. I also have no clue why Sherwood has never upgraded the software for what is otherwise an extremely nice and very capable computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom