Sherwood Triple Gauge Consoles and others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ready4Launch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the Sherwood Scuba COMPACT NAVIGATION CONSOLE - CG3150, which is not really compact, IMO. It's in the eye of the beholder I guess. It's like a soda can on the end of a hose. So, it's fat when holding it, and I'd really prefer a slimmer console.

Looking at Sherwood's website, I thought the NAVIGATIONAL CONSOLE - CG3206 was slimmer, but it is actually pictured next to a soda can in a web photo.

Does anyone have the NAVIGATIONAL CONSOLE - CG3206? Is it fat?

I do like the console itself. I like the angled compass on the same side as the depth gauge, which is how both models are arranged. The pressure gauge is alone on the flip side. I like that the gauges and compass are oil filled. I basically just don't like the shape. See below.

2aj5ekh.jpg

2nrghv4.jpg

33pexl3.jpg

Any triple consoles that you really love???

There is the 3 in a row style. A nice slimmer paddle to jam under a strap and easy to find and view all the info at once.

In full disclosure I've moved to compass and depth gauge on my wrist to leave my hands free. But when I do use a console I like one that's not fist shaped and required flipping like a waffle when maintaining a heading and monitoring air on a long swim.

Regards,
Cameron

Attachments

• 41fpWZo53vL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg
    41fpWZo53vL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 74
  • s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 67
not anymore...

i used to use a quad gauge sherwood console that was long but thin (and heavy). it held a mini bottom timer (i have a handful ofthem in a cupboard somewhere) a spg, depth gauge and then had a removable mount on the end for a compass. the compass mount also included a clip so you can clip the console off to a d ring. the console is also in a cupboard somewhere.

i now just use the spg as i realized that i had not looked at my compass in years and the bottom timer & depth gauge got replaced by computers. so i was dragging around stuff i never needed or used.

your console is fat since it holds back to back pressure and depth. consoles that do not stack gauges back to back are half the thickness and much easier to tuck away.

they are available used on ebay...
Sherwood 3-Gauge Console | eBay
I've dove those! Doubles as a blunt trauma defensive tool in case of shark attack (or any other alpha species)

...might by just what the OP is looking for.

I use one of these...

Cressi Mini Pressure Gauge

Seems to work well and is super slim and lightweight. You can easily tuck it in a pocket or a cam band. They make it in a three up console as well. It doesn't feel as solid or heavy as say a Scubapro or Sherwood console, but it was pretty cheap and if it ever breaks I won't feel bad about replacing it with another one.

I like it. Does the compass at the end of it rotate slightly? Do you know what kind of timer would fit in the little bottom socket? Are thse all standard sizes? I've never built up a console before; not difficult it seems, but I don't know what I don't know.

I also kinda like this one!

SCUBA DIVING PRE-OWNED 3 GAUGE DACOR REEFSAVER CONSOLE BOOT BLACK! EXCELLENT!!! | eBay
the compass at the end is on an angle (on an extra bolted on mounting). the other big holes are standard big round gauge size.

A sherwood bottom timer will fit in the smaller hole. i do not know of anything else the same size as a sherwood bottom timer. i do not think they are made anymore. as indicated above i have several sitting in a closet. i think some will work with a new battery (it is common size and user replaceable).

the compass at the end is on an angle (on an extra bolted on mounting). the other big holes are standard big round gauge size.

A sherwood bottom timer will fit in the smaller hole. i do not know of anything else the same size as a sherwood bottom timer. i do not think they are made anymore. as indicated above i have several sitting in a closet. i think some will work with a new battery (it is common size and user replaceable).
the sherwood bottom timer is 1.5 inches in diameter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom