Question Sherwood SRB3200 Piston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Art Challacombe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Aloha everyone,
I have a Sherwood SRB3200 with the replacement piston. By replacement, i mean that tbe piston seat is peened into the end and when it wears out, the entire piston is replaced with a new one. The regulator currently works fine and locks up as it should. However, should the seat not seal in the future, Sherwood no longer supports this older model.

So my question is;
has anyone modified the old piston to accept a new seat so that the piston can be used as a permanent component of the regulator and just replace the seat. I'd hate to have to toss this regulator just because a new piston is not available anymore.

I have one. The seat on mine was lightly crimped, so I was able to push it out with a bit of effort. Obviously the seat is now trash (can't flip or sand).
You can theoretically:

Flush sand the wear out of the existing seat and do nothing else
Ream the crimp out
Remove the crimp altogether by shortening the piston

I reamed out the crimp, but never put a new seat in it. It's a project I abandoned quite some time ago.

Dimensions of the cup are .146" x .09" btw

Aloha everyone,
I have a Sherwood SRB3200 with the replacement piston. By replacement, i mean that tbe piston seat is peened into the end and when it wears out, the entire piston is replaced with a new one. The regulator currently works fine and locks up as it should. However, should the seat not seal in the future, Sherwood no longer supports this older model.

So my question is;
has anyone modified the old piston to accept a new seat so that the piston can be used as a permanent component of the regulator and just replace the seat. I'd hate to have to toss this regulator just because a new piston is not available anymore.
Why modifying?
The old pistons were substituted in '88.
Why not just using the 3107-10 Piston?

Hi axxel57. That would be great if the pistons are still available. Is there a source where they can be purchased?

Any Sherwood Dealer should be able to order them.
I ordered them like six months ago.
They are not cheap, but they are still available (they are not on the regular Spare Parts Price List, so one has to ask for prices and availability.......
Which reminds me that I should order some more.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom