Sherwood Reg Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonny Wishbone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey Guys, working on a Sherwood Oaisis (SRB 7700) for a family member. I need to obtain some of the "spring shims" to raise intermediate pressure. It already has the maximum of 3 shims which are the pink ones. Im not sure which colors are thicker than the pink ones but I am in search of some if anyone has some they would sell or direct me to where I can buy them. Already looked on ebay...Thanks and have a great Dive...

What is the IP at now?
I have diy'ed shims using SS washers or plastic washers from hardware store.
If you have access to other springs, swap one out and see what happens. Older springs will sag.

Hey Getto Diver, yeah the hardware store was plan B. I always strive to use the correct stuff at least at first. Im working on 2 identical regs and both show the same IP. The IP is supposed to be 135 to 150 psi. I have a liquid filled higher end gauge that I use for IP which shows the regs are between 130 and 135. Even though I have a higher end gauge, I know that there is a little room for slight inaccuracy. I just want to put them both at 140 and call it good. They were not exhibiting any symptoms but it was time to go through them to clean and lube.

The IP is supposed to be 135 to 150 psi. I have a liquid filled higher end gauge that I use for IP which shows the regs are between 130 and 135.

In general, the IP of a first stage is supposed to be set at 135 +/- 15 PSI, this would be a range between 120 - 150 PSI. Your regs are right where they should be at. If the second stages are properly tuned to the first stage the breathing performance is fine.

yeah thats what i sorta figured. the service manual does say 135 to 150 so I figured I'd just put em in the middle and go.I'll tune what I have and see what they are like. Like I said earlier, there were no issues or symptoms, it was just time to go through them to clean/lube.....Thanks Guys

yeah thats what i sorta figured. the service manual does say 135 to 150 so I figured I'd just put em in the middle and go.I'll tune what I have and see what they are like. Like I said earlier, there were no issues or symptoms, it was just time to go through them to clean/lube.....Thanks Guys
This is newer than my regs, but my service manuals says no more than 3 shims. It does not explain why.

I also do not think that 2 thicker shims will meet the intention.

Maybe at 3 standard shims the spring is now considered out of limits and needs to be replaced?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom