Sherwood Profile O-Ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

albacore11

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Sherwood Profile dive computer in a console. I need to replace the battery and you are to replace the o-ring with the battery. I had the shop do it last time and was charged $28. It is not difficult to do, but need to find the o-ring. Have entered an inquiry on the Sherwood website, but no response. No telephone number listed. Local shops don't carry the parts. In fact the shop sent it in three years ago for the last battery swap.

Any help out here for a source for the required o-ring?

Thanks

I had the same issue with my Aeris XR1. I didn't like the idea of paying $15 for a 60 cent o-ring and a $4 battery. I was finally able to find the appropriate o-ring, an 026 in my case, at a good local hardware store.

Can you take your existing o-ring to a hardware store to compare ? I've read elsewhere that Sherwoods also use standard size o-rings but I guess I can't guarantee that.

This thread might interest you http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/computers-gauges-watches-analyzers/348882-aeris-xr1-o-rings.html

Sorry if you have already solved this issue, but I was just given a Sherwood Source today.... I went on ebay and found a battery replacement kit, it has the batteries, the silicon for the seal, and the gasket... with expedited shipping it came to around 12$ Honestly.... not a bad deal take a look

Battery Kit: Sherwood Wisdom, Insight & Profile, NEW! | eBay

that one is for yours

Back
Top Bottom