For Sale Sherwood Oasis Regulator with Octo and Console (no depth/computer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floridabobbeckner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Older Sherwood Oasis regulator with an Octo and a gauge console but no computer or depth gauge.

Good hoses.

Time for an overhaul but it is in good condition.

$125 shipped in the CONUS.

Attachments

• hollis 3.jpg
    hollis 3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 22
  • sher old 1.jpg
    sher old 1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 25
  • sher old 2.jpg
    sher old 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 22
  • sher old.jpg
    sher old.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 21
How old is it? How frequently did you have it serviced? What kind of diving did you do with it (ie, saltwater, silty water, etc)

To set the stage: I have little knowledge of this reg. It was donated to be sold for trimix purchases for the NFP I am associated with here in FL. It holds IP, is quite clean and traded in on a new regulator at the donating shop.

The donating shop says he consistently serviced it. Not exactly quantifiable, but better than nothing.
I never used it but I assume it was used in the Gulf and Atlantic. Maybe local lakes, too. Again, pretty darn clean.

I am open to offers given the info and I have no emotional attachment.....but I am emotionally attached to my $1k helium bill!!

I'm new to buying things on the forum like this, how do people normally handle payment as far as like, security/scam risks go? Because other than not wanting to send money without some certainty that the reg is actually on its way, I'm definitely interested. Sorry if it's like, rude or bad etiquette or something, I'm just new here and terrified of scams.

You have picked the right guy to experiment on! I have no feelings related to people wanting to be sure they arent getting scammed. We have ratings on this forum to help avoid that, for one.

I will ship this to you for the cost of shipping and you can pay me the rest when it arrives. Probably not a normal offer, but I'll offer trust first and then you can at least have one seller you know.

A usual sale involves Paypal, Zelle or whatever the seller accepts in advance and then they ship. If they screw you over, you let the world know and they are ostracized. Exiled, even!

Bob

I really appreciate your willingness to be the one to take the leap of faith, and I wish I could reward that by buying this reg. Unfortunately, I spoke with my LDS and learned something which I assume you thought I already knew. I knew the Oasis was made back in the 90's, discontinued for a bit, and then a new model released. I kind of thought the part kits were interchangeable, and called the my local Sherwood guy to confirm that. He has told me the part kits are not interchangeable, and that, while the old oasis parts are still available for the moment, there's no telling for how long. Given that I've just started out in diving and am trying to buy gear that will last me a while, that's obviously a concern for me, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom