Sherwood manuals needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey Gang,

My neighbor just bought a used set of dive gear. Sherwood Oasis second stage, Sherwood alternate octo/inflator comb....has a QD going to the inflator. First stage, unknown....appears to be an unbalanced piston with a little bleed valve to keep the first stage internals from freezing up. Does anyone have any service manuals or parts diagrams you could send or point me to?

Thanks,

Couv

Most likely you will find what you need here, there are several versions of the Oasis.
http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/sherwood/

The beauty of Sherwood reg is they are pretty much the same until you get to the SR-1...that's a strange puppy (and if anyone has a manual on it I would love to get a copy)
Most likely the first stage is balanced. Sherwood uses an interesting floating HP orifce that is controlled by stacked Belleville washers and THEY MUST BE STACKED PROPERLY. It's different but it does work and is stable. The bleed system keeps the spring ambient chamber dry so a Sherwood should bleed a small trail of bubbles if it's working properly....if it ain't leaking it ain't right. :) Depending on the vintage, there are a couple different ways the bleed was accomplished. Older ones had a porous insert in the piston itself, the newer version has a small hole between the LP side and the ambient chamber that bleeds air into the chamber through a "flow control element".

Sorry if I told you a lot of what you already know.

Couv,

If frogkick doesn't have what you need, I might be able to help (but if I remember correctly, they have just about everything).

Let me know,

Tex

Thanks Herman and Texfrazer.....I think Frogkick has what we need.

Couv

if that is not what you need, i am doing a sherwood repair course on saturday, and will get all the info i can from them including service manuels

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom