Sherwood Magnum vs BRUT vs Zeagle Rezort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traumadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone,
A bit of a dilema here. I currently own a Sherwood BRUT SRB7100, and I love it. I am looking at getting a pony bottle set up soon. I was going to buy an older model Sherwood Magnum and use it as my regular setup and switch the Brut to a pony bottle.
I have just found a pretty good deal on a Zeagle Rezort 1st stage and Zeagle Envoy
2nd stage.
My question, is an older model Sherwood Magnum a better regulator than the Zeagle Rezort?
If you had to choose between the Rezort and the Brut, which would you use on your pony bottle?

Thanks

I'd go for the Zeagle as it has a balanced 2nd stage and doesn't have the dry bleed system on the 1st. Now you will be able to pressurize the pony and then turn it off without water entering through the bleed port in the 1st stage.

I would also go with the Zeagle. At some point you may want a new primary reg and another Zeaglewould fill that bill for you.

Using another updated zeagle for my primary regulator is not really an option unless I can get a really good price, they seem to be very good regs with out of my reach prices.
I was/am looking to upgrade my primary regulator to a Sherwood Magmun (older model). I need to know if the Zeagle Rezort 1st with Envoy 2nd outperforms the Sherwood Magnum.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom