Sherwood/Genesis HP100 Question RE: Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windknot

Contributor
Reaction score
I just purchased these tanks for a reasonable sum.

I am now going to be in the market for a manifold for said tanks.

Initially will most likely plug the ports and use as singles but would like the option to double as necessary.

Am I correct in assuming that the thread size on the HP tanks is not the same as LP?

In otherwords....stock/common advertised manifolds in 300Bar are the typical 3/4-14 thread size versus the 7/8- 14?

If I am going to need the HP-300BAR 7/8-15 isolation valve (with an H-Valve option available) where should I look?

Tanks in advance....

WK

Originally posted by Windknot
I just purchased these tanks for a reasonable sum.
Well out with it man... what was the sum and let us decide if it was reasonable...

Yes you will need a different sized manifold than the LP tanks use...
You will also need bands specific to that manifold and those tanks...

Do you think that diver's supply would have them? THey dont list them in thier website.

oh...BTW.

$430 for both (Inculding shipping)(USED Obviously)(New Hydro 5/02)(VIP NEW 5/02)

Highland band website already bookmarked, just need to find out what kind of manifold I'm going to end up with before purchasing the bands.

Unless.....anyone out there has a MANIFOLD and BANDS for HP100's they want to sell cheep?

The Chicks will REALLY DIG me then....

Originally posted by Windknot
Do you think that diver's supply would have them? THey dont list them in thier website.

oh...BTW.

$430 for both (Inculding shipping)(USED Obviously)(New Hydro 5/02)(VIP NEW 5/02)
Well give them a call on the telephone and ask (the website doesn't show everything they carry.)
1-800-999-3483

Fair price on the tanks... I just sold two for $400 no shipping involved.

However I would think it best to use them for singles and get some proper LP tanks for the doubles. Why take 200cf of gas on a dive unless you are planning on deco and/or deep which implies that you will be using mix... which implies that it will need to be PP mixed... which implies that LP is more better :eek:ut:

I just bought Dual HP100's from the abysmal sale for $460 plus shipping. Came with 300bar thermo manifold and Highland bands to. You can't beat that price. I bought 3 sets....

Brand new in box. I think they still have manifolds for sale to. They were only $118 a piece. I prefer Sea Elite but I'll probably sell these for $150 or so and Buy the Sea Elite later...

Oh, Not all HP tanks have the 7/8's , Mine are 3/4 just like an AL80 and my LP112's. Are they 3180 + or 3500. Should be stamped on the tank.

PST tanks were 7/8 and 3500psi, Faber are 3180+psi and 3/4. Just pull the valve off a AL 80. IF it fits you know it's a 3/4 if not it's 7/8.

Just 'cause I'm on a diet doesnt mean I cant look at the menu....

Ohhhh boy, Fair Wife would not be pleased with that....LOL!!!

Puggles, the primary job for the HP's is for single tank rec diving. Just got helium at the LDS and rumor has it that they can mix trimix there now to 3500 psi...Dunno if that 's true or not as all I know about helium is that chicks dig me when I inhale it and talk like mickey mouse.

I've got a pair of LP 98's singled now (came manifolded) that I will eventually band back up, will be looking for another pair of 98's or 104's this fall for a total of two sets of LP doubles and one set/ one pair of HP 100's.

The idea of my own filling station for the sake of "DOING IT MYSELF" in my soon to be created pole barn really interests me as well....going to need it fillin' all of those tanks. (Yes I understand the investment vs. return involved....I just like doin' things for myself)

'nother thing about having the variety of tanks is that I like to have extra in case someone needs something, and in the short time I have been diving, I have touted the benefits of steel to the drysuit clad divers of Michigan currently diving aluminums.

So pug...next time you have a couple of extra tanks you are going to get rid of....just give Wind a bump, I've got the room.

Back
Top Bottom