Sherwood Dive Computer Hatch Key

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got a brand new Vision. The PDF manual I looked at online says that the user replaceable battery can be accessed via a flathead. Sherwood's website help FAQ mentions a "hatch key" that comes with the manual. I only got a CD, which I'm pretty sure doesn't contain a hatch key.

Looking on the back of the Vision, I can see how a hatch key would make removal of the hatch easier.

Am I missing the hatch key from the package? If yes, I will contact LeisurePro before returns are up. If not, are the Aeris/Oceanic keys I've seen online equivalent? I want to have the tools ready, before I need it.

Probably had one. If not in package I would not be surprised that it was returned to leisure pro by someone and they sent it to you .

Probably had one. If not in package I would not be surprised that it was returned to leisure pro by someone and they sent it to you .

I know LeisurePro deals with used and returned items. I'm okay with returned items if they've inspected and everything is deemed in working order. This item was listed as new, so I expect it to be such. It's hard to know what should have been included, as there's no manifest on the packaging. The hatch keys I've seen listed online are only $5, so it's not much extra, but knowing which will fit is an issue.

A quarter makes a fairly inexpensive and convenient hatch key. If you attend a dive show with Shearwater in attendance, they are usually giving them out.

full?d=1545613555.jpg

A quarter makes a fairly inexpensive and convenient hatch key. If you attend a dive show with Shearwater in attendance, they are usually giving them out.

I'm still new to diving. My pocketbook would never survive a dive show!

Also, I found the hatch key! Stiction... it was stuck to one of the folded papers that came with the CD.

IMG_20181223_1706344.jpg

Sherwood is also manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems, no surprise that the hatch key is identical to that for Oceanic, Aeris, Aqua Lung, perhaps others

Sherwood is also manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems, no surprise that the hatch key is identical to that for Oceanic, Aeris, Aqua Lung, perhaps others

That's what I'm counting on for long-term support... parts from other branding.

That's what I'm counting on for long-term support... parts from other branding.
I think you should hope Sherwood stays in business and will service your computer if necessary.

I think you should hope Sherwood stays in business and will service your computer if necessary.

I do hope they stay in business, as they've been around for 60+ years. However, after the two year warranty, they are under no obligation to do anything and I may be left to my own devices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom