Sherwood BC Warranty / Service.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jalvare2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just want to tell that . I do recommend their products because of durability, but now I can say also that they have a superv customer service. :cool2:

the dive shop owner told me that the manufacturer accepted my the defective equipment and replaced with a new one. - No shipping cost neither.

the dive shop owner told me that the manufacturer accepted my the defective equipment and replaced with a new one. - No shipping cost neither.

That make sense. As long as you have a good dive shop, it looks like Sherwood will support their authorized retailers. But if you have a bad shop, it looks like you could have a real problem unless you can find some other shop to help you.

I had the exact opposite experience with sherwood. I had an avid BC that devoloped a row of small leaks at the lower right hem line, was purchased at a ldc that went out of busniess and I had the original sales slip. I went to every sherwood dealer in a 50 mile radious of my house and EVERY dealer said that I had to send it in to sherwood for service and they could not do anny for me (the bc was 9 months old). So this sounded easy, I just call sherwood for a rma and send it in to sherwood and they send me a new bc (wow can't be easier than this right?). So on monday I call Sherwood and they said they would deal directly with me and had to go through a dealer:depressed:, oh and the rep also stated that in 15 years they have never seen a manufacturing defect in that bc and it is about industrictubale and there was a very slim chance that it would be warranteed. Then he went on to say if they saw any cat hair on it the warranty would be voided because the most common problem they see with bc's is cat claw punctures:shocked2:. After about a month of calling Sherwood and basically becomming a royal PIA they put me in contact with an online dive shop that I could send it in to so they could send it into Sherwood. It was finally taken care of, but no more Sherwood products for me.

So let me get this straight... out of the blue our customer service told you that if there was cat hair on the warranty would be void? Why would we come up with such an odd comment. Something doesn't add up?

Sherwood Rep.

That is correct. I told them that it had a series of pin hole leaks about 4 inches long along the right bottom hem. The rep than stated that they had never had a defect in the avid bc and the most common cause of leaks was from cat claws.

So let me get this straight... out of the blue our customer service told you that if there was cat hair on the warranty would be void? Why would we come up with such an odd comment. Something doesn't add up?

Sherwood Rep.

Do you own a cat?? I can see someone blaming a series of pinholes on a cat sharpening its claws. But if it were someone taking phone calls from customers in a service department, it's probably not good for PR.

That is correct. I told them that it had a series of pin hole leaks about 4 inches long along the right bottom hem. The rep than stated that they had never had a defect in the avid bc and the most common cause of leaks was from cat claws.

I'm glad you are reporting this and I hope our SB Sherwood guy will research it.

Just today, I received my upgraded AmEx/Delta Platnium cards (for my business) and I was verbally activating them because I had some questions about the upgrade. Turns out the AmEx tells me the information I got from AmEx is bogus. But ... He is contacting the team leader of the rep who told me bogus things and he will actually research it, including listening to the recording of the rep and me. I believe AmEx will do this and make it right - because they aren't Chase/JP Morgan.

Now, let's see if Sherwood will act like Oceanic (AmEx/high level of quality customer service) or Suunto (try calling them when you have a computer problem).

Go Sherwood!!!

Aqua Andy,
It sounds as though you were taken care of over a year ago. Obvioulsy, it could have gone a lot smoother from the sounds of it. Sherwood is all about great customer service. Is there anything else you need help with or do you have any other questions? If so, please send us a private message and once the details are worked out, we can post the outcome.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom