Sheldon Kiddie Compressor - Tank max before over heat? Bank bottle option?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Jim Sheldon small Kiddie compressor. Takes a while to fill a full 80. Probably 35 min. Is there a way to hook it up to a bank? Or is it not enough power? If I fill 4 tanks in a row, it seems to start getting hot. Whats the rule of thumb on these? I have about 13 tanks and fill maybe 1-2 times a week in the summer. Trying to get by until I have funds for a bigger system. It works great, just slow, then have to let it cool. Is 4 tanks in a row took much?

I hook my Kidde from Jim up to 3 100's or 130's at a time. May take 4 hours. I have a fan above it blowing down. I wouldn't run it if the temps were really hot unless I had to.

I hook my Kidde from Jim up to 3 100's or 130's at a time. May take 4 hours. I have a fan above it blowing down. I wouldn't run it if the temps were really hot unless I had to.

Good tips. Yeah this thing works great but slow as hell. I need something with banks with a small budget. I have 2k in this thing lol. 130's? are the banks? How is your setup? Send a pic :) Thank you for the response

Good tips. Yeah this thing works great but slow as hell. I need something with banks with a small budget. I have 2k in this thing lol. 130's? are the banks? How is your setup? Send a pic :) Thank you for the response
No, no banks. I had more than 2K in it when I bought it from Jim. Then I computerized it so it autodrains and has a three position switch for different shutoff pressures. I just walk by it occasionally and check the CO meter and the O2 readouts. I ended up with a bigger compressor but finally decided to live with my small one that takes up no space.

No, no banks. I had more than 2K in it when I bought it from Jim. Then I computerized it so it autodrains and has a three position switch for different shutoff pressures. I just walk by it occasionally and check the CO meter and the O2 readouts. I ended up with a bigger compressor but finally decided to live with my small one that takes up no space.

is there a way to bank from this? It works but ugh it takes too long. I'm just filling air. You are doing Nitrox? Where do you get your air tested?

I have no idea what the temps are, I'm feeling it. I teach Open water so I fill maybe 8 tanks a week. It works for now but it's slow and loud. I have my compressor at my house for now until I can move it in my dive shop

is there a way to bank from this? It works but ugh it takes too long. I'm just filling air. You are doing Nitrox? Where do you get your air tested?
I pretty much only pump 32% except for an occasional AL80 for test purposes or for somebodies air gun. I don't fill many tanks but when we go I fill 25 or 30. I have run it pretty much 8 or more hours straight. I monitor the CO but but have never sent the air to be tested.

I have no idea what the temps are, I'm feeling it. I teach Open water so I fill maybe 8 tanks a week. It works for now but it's slow and loud. I have my compressor at my house for now until I can move it in my dive shop
If I was filling 8 tanks a week I'd probably set up my Bauer. On the other hand if you set it up to auto shut off and only have to stop by to drain it occasionally just get multiple fill whips.

banking it is going to take longer than just filling the tanks directly and put more strain on the compressor, so it may save you some time while you are filling the tanks, but it's going to have to be left to run to fill the banks back up. The Kidde compressors are continuous duty at their rated pressures and you'd have to check with Jim to see what the continuous duty limits are for pressure.

banking it is going to take longer than just filling the tanks directly and put more strain on the compressor, so it may save you some time while you are filling the tanks, but it's going to have to be left to run to fill the banks back up. The Kidde compressors are continuous duty at their rated pressures and you'd have to check with Jim to see what the continuous duty limits are for pressure.

I’m going to put a fan on it and fill 2-3 tanks. I can only fill one at a time which is 35-40 minutes per tank. Do I even benefit if I put a manifold/ splitter to fill 3 at once? Also I want to fill nitrox. What is the best guide on here to follow for a stick?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom