Shearwater Teric Stopwatch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All:

Read the owner's manual that shows the Teric has a running stopwach. Hitting the reset button, resets the stopwatch back to zero but immediately restarts the stopwatch.

Mine however, just resets it to zero and I must press the start button to restart the stopwatch. Do your Terics function as well? Was really hoping to have a one touch reset with this. Did Shearwater change something in the updated firmware or do I have a problem with mine? I did not see anything in the owner's manual to change this. It does have the lastest V9 firmware.

Any help is appreciated.

Mine works exactly the same way you describe yours is working. But I don’t think I’d like the reset button to return the timer to zero and restart. I’m good with 2 button pushes.

Mine does the same.

"When non-zero, the stopwatch can be reset. If running when reset, it continues running, counting up again from 0. If stopped when reset, then it is set 0 and remains stopped."

Either the description is in error or they changed the behavior at some point.

Hopefully, this is an oversight that will be quickly remedied. The stop watch of several other diver computers, made by other manufacturer, and my own Perdix operate in the manner described in the Teric's owner's manual. For timed and staged ascents, it's a very important feature.

If I miss hit the reset button, the counter contiues and I still know the duration of my ascent. If I miss hit the start button, I'm hosed as the counter is now at zero and I dont' have any prior references. Yes, I can extrapolate from the dive time counter but certain features make keeping track of your deco obligations much easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom