Shearwater Teric extended storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k954triniz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What’s the best way to store my Teric for an extended none use time. I am going away and will not be around to the my computer on charge ever few days before the battery completely dies. Now I’ve never let the battery completely die and leaving it on the charger isn’t much of and option because when it’s fully charged the charger shuts off and doesn’t continue charging it until you remove and replace it back on the charger base.like I said I have never let my Teric die so I don’t even know if that’s a bad thing. What are y’all experiences with this topic. Letting it die completely is okay or is it something to try and avoid?

What’s the best way to store my Teric for an extended none use time. I am going away and will not be around to the my computer on charge ever few days before the battery completely dies. Now I’ve never let the battery completely die and leaving it on the charger isn’t much of and option because when it’s fully charged the charger shuts off and doesn’t continue charging it until you remove and replace it back on the charger base.like I said I have never let my Teric die so I don’t even know if that’s a bad thing. What are y’all experiences with this topic. Letting it die completely is okay or is it something to try and avoid?
If your Teric needs be recharged every few days or it will drain completely, you have a battery issue and need to send it back to Shearwater for repair.

Hmm well few I mean like 5 days of none use it dies. That’s bad?
If your Teric needs be recharged every few days or it will drain completely, you have a battery issue and need to send it back to Shearwater for repair.

Okay basically what I do is just take it off the charger when it’s done charging . I don’t physically turn it to off by clicking the button I just leave it and let the screen time out on its own and by the next day around 24 hrs yes it is down from 100% to approximately 85% and so on as days go by. But the 4th or 5th day it’s normally in the 10-20% range. But yet again that’s not by me physically putting it into off/ standby mode. That’s from me just leaving it and letting the screen time out after a full charge. I’ve never put it in off mode myself . I will try that out when I go away and see what happens . If it drained by the time I get back I’ll contact shearwater

Do you mean "standby" or "off" when you mention none use?

When in off (see menu), it should be fine for at least half a year.

If it drops 10% per day that’s bad.

Also it’s begs the question that say I’m on a average two tank dive where it’s on my wrist and on ( not in dive mode)from 7am to 1pm. And about 2 hours of OC REC diving (dive mode) the battery will drop to around 65%. Is that normal or should I be sending it back. I’ve owned it for just under a year now

Also it’s begs the question that say I’m on a average two tank dive where it’s on my wrist and on ( not in dive mode)from 7am to 1pm. And about 2 hours of OC REC diving (dive mode) the battery will drop to around 65%. Is that normal or should I be sending it back. I’ve owned it for just under a year now
Probably a send it back situation.

I like to keep the battery away from extremes for (hopefully) longer battery life, so I charge to 65%. Takes about 2 months to drop to 35%, at which time 30 mins on the charger and reset the reminder I have on my ToDo app.

And about 2 hours of OC REC diving (dive mode) the battery will drop to around 65%
That sounds about normal. Mine uses about 16% per hour diving with High brightness and AI. It's the standby drain that is a known warranty issue due to a bad batch of batteries I believe. Send it in, turnaround seems quick from other reports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom