Shearwater products screen life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My Liquivision Xeo's screen is burned out after only four years, so I'm looking at getting a new computer. The Shearwater Petrel 2 or Perdix are at the top of my list, but I'm concerned about the same thing happening to it. Has anyone had a Shearwater's screen fade out after a few years? I'm looking everywhere for this info on-line but cannot find any. Encouraging, but I'm still cautious after the Liquivision experience

Thanks

Jean

I have a Predator that is still working fine. I bought it new when they first came out and it has hundreds of hours on it.

The LED displays used will not fade like the basic OLED displays like the one used on the Xeo.

Coming from a Xeo you should note that that the Perdix has an air gap between the actual display and the case glass, unlike the Xeo where the two were either bonded together. This means underwater you'll see the reflection of that air before you reach the maximum viewing angle of the display itself.

Petrel 1 which is over 5 years old looks just as good as a brand new one. User replaceable batteries. Wins all around.
Go ahead, nothing to worry about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom