Shearwater Predator v45

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cuyler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
While I'd love to get the Petrel my Predator is only a month old. In the material for the Petrel it say the new computer was branched from v45 of the Predator code. So, two questions.

1) Since v45 of the Predator code is out there will it be released? Online it's showing the latest version as v42.
2) Will development on the Predator continue past v45?

Thanks (and yes, you'll get more money out of me sooner than you should - new computer looks awesome).

- Cuyler

It will be 46 when it comes out. We found another small change we needed to make after a week of dive testing at Divetech in Cayman. I think the final bench testing is being done this week, so it should be out soon.

Bruce

---------- Post Merged at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:47 AM ----------

I missed the second part of your question: Will development continue? The answer is yes. We are already starting to plan for version 4X. It might include the Petrel gauge mode if that's a popular feature.

We will certainly fix bugs.

But, inevitably, we will assign less resources to it over time as we concentrate on new projects.

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom