Shearwater Perdix AI Error Loading Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lindai

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Last night for the first time I dove with a steel 100CF tank. The PSI was 3400 and was in red on the display, though it functioned correctly. After the dive I am unable to access the log information for that dive - I am getting a message "error loading dive."
I suspect the two are related and that there is some setting where I should tell the computer that I am using a high pressure tank? But I can't find any such setting.
I appreciate any help in resolving this for future dives!
Thanks.

The AI manual states that you do need to indeed adjust the working pressure under the transmitter. That should clear the error on the computer display. Not sure if it will fix your log though.

Thanks, yes, I changed the setting and it fixed the error on the computer display. Last night's dive also logged correctly. As you suspected, it did not fix the error on the prior dive's log, but that is fine. Thanks for the reply!

How far can you go over the rated pressure before it gets pissed off at you?
My steels are rated for 3500 but occasionally I get a higher fill. Like if if get a 3700 fill is it going to error out and screw my log?

How far can you go over the rated pressure before it gets pissed off at you?
My steels are rated for 3500 but occasionally I get a higher fill. Like if if get a 3700 fill is it going to error out and screw my log?
Mine has logged 3789 psi appropriately. 4350 psi (300 bar) is the max according to the AI manual specifications on the last page.

I meant if you set the rated pressure in AI settings to 3500 what will it do if it sees 3700 will if give an over pressure error.

My steels are rated for 3442 psi and it has never been an issue. I have had them over that pressure numerous times up to 3789 psi.

I meant if you set the rated pressure in AI settings to 3500 what will it do if it sees 3700 will if give an over pressure error.
What about just setting it to 3800 and leaving it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom