Question Shearwater Perdix AI - Cloud - Gas Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gareth J

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have just started using a Shearwater Perdix AI.

I have added two Bluetooth Pressure transducers to my rebreather, which are now set up on Perdix - O2 and D1.
Obviously one senders is connected to O2 (funnily enough, the O2 labelled transducer), the second is the Diluent, D1. Is there anyway in the settings (not that I have yet found), that allows one transducer to be set as the O2, and the other as the Diluent.

The Perdix understands that it is a CCR, (the GTR is automatically disabled because the mode is CCR). This mainly relates to record keeping, i.e. when I upload the dive data from the perdix to the cloud and the Shearwater Log book. Alternately, is there anything in the log book that would allow me to assign the mix to the specific transducer record?

I look forward to the comments.

No way to name the tank as “Diluent.” Renaming came about in version 84. Release notes indicate that the tanks can be named with two characters. First character can be T, S, B, O, or D. Second character can be 1, 2, 3, or 4.

Just rereading. Sounds like you are referring to setting the mix, not the name. You can certainly do that in OC, but not sure about CC.

Perhaps my question wasn't clear.

I am looking at the cloud download.
It shows the two gases pressures from the two gas senders.
O1 - which is the Oxygen.
D1 - the Diluent.

It would be nice if I could show the gas mix for each cylinder.
i.e
O1 = 100%, Gas in 130bar, Gas out 100bar, 3 litre.
D1 = 21%, Gas in 196bar, Gas out 155bar, 3 litre.

It would also be handy to show the bailout gas. (which has no sender).

Bailout = 28%, Gas in 180bar, Gas out 180bar, 10.8 litre.

The Perdix itself knows that the Diluent is 21%, it also knows the Bailout is 28%. These are listed in the active gas list. This information isn't transferred to the cloud.

To some degree it is a minor issue, in that I can add the data to the Dive Log 6.0 software I have historically been using. It's just slightly irritating keeping multiple sets of software up to date.

It is only the second dive with the Shearwater, and the second with the AI senders connected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom