Closed Shearwater Perdix ai $775

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The SAFTs are the preferred battery. Last twice as long. Nothing wrong with the Bunnybrand lithium, they're just half the battery the SAFT is. Bunnybrand can be gotten at Target, the SAFTs, however, usually have to be ordered from Unca Jeff or a battery shop.

Avoid alkaline batteries in any application. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES EVER PUT A Dudcell Crappertop battery in anything. (Or Costco Kirkland battery - they're Dudcell Crappertops.)

OMMOHY
I've used SAFTs, but my experience was, while the overall life was quite a bit longer, they would go from full charge to dead in the course of a single dive. My understanding is this is normal. No slow drop in voltage like other batteries.

I've used SAFTs, but my experience was, while the overall life was quite a bit longer, they would go from full charge to dead in the course of a single dive. My understanding is this is normal. No slow drop in voltage like other batteries.
Yup - good info on that negative aspect of using SAFT batteries from Shearwater starting at ~5 min in here:

In my expereince that is a characteristic of almost all lithium battery technology, even going back to the mid-1990s when I started using 123s in flashlights. I would imagine the same behavior with the bunnybattery.

OMMOHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom