Closed Shearwater Perdix ai $775

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a Perdix AI that was just repaired by divetronix for the dreaded battery leak. The chasis (that comes from Shearwater with new buttons and battery contacts) circuit board, window/face plate,battery cap, and all o rings have been replaced. It was also updated to the last firmware,version 87. I am asking $775 shipped within the US. PM with any questions.

SHEARWATER OWNERS MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT BATTERIES IN YOUR COMPUTER!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220401-074900_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-074900_Messenger.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 94
Energizer Ultimate Lithium.

Don’t use alkaline and most definitely not the Coppertops. Massive issues with those.
The SAFTs are the preferred battery. Last twice as long. Nothing wrong with the Bunnybrand lithium, they're just half the battery the SAFT is. Bunnybrand can be gotten at Target, the SAFTs, however, usually have to be ordered from Unca Jeff or a battery shop.

Avoid alkaline batteries in any application. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES EVER PUT A Dudcell Crappertop battery in anything. (Or Costco Kirkland battery - they're Dudcell Crappertops.)

OMMOHY

Energizer Ultimate Lithium.

Don’t use alkaline and most definitely not the Coppertops. Massive issues with those.
I don’t use them, but alkalines are actually fine to use IF (and an important IF) you don’t leave them in the computer when not using it for any extended period. Leaks usually happen when the battery sits in the device for a long period and discharges fully, especially in high heat.

So, for most, alkaline are best avoided to eliminate that risk - but, with diligence - or in a pinch- they are fine to use!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom